- Before Wednesday’s Lecture Watch the video: http://youtu.be/OBCNWZ64eaA
In lab we will continue to catch up for lost time due to snow days. Complete the lab assignments in the order they are presented. We will not enforce due dates and may remove some of the assignments from the end of the term.
- Machinery’s Handbook (28th Edition) Pages 1054-1062
- Chip Formation Theory
- watch the video at http://youtu.be/qvcpeA5pBH0
In lab we will continue to catch up for lost time due to snow days. Complete the lab assignments in the order they are presented. We will not enforce due dates and may remove some of the assignments from the end of the terml.
No Lecture on Thursday this week, but you better go to lab…
So this week has not gone according to plan.
Originally we were not going to have lecture on Tuesday. This was so I could go to a meeting with a group that has funded a lot of research at WPI to help them with a project.
It turn’s out that with the storm the meeting organizers have decided to shift the meeting to Thursday without consulting me.
The assignments announced for Wednesday and Friday of this week wil be shifted and combined with next weeks assignments. I will also adjust the lecture schedule in the syllabus to compensate.
If you are scheduled for lab Thursday you should go and the CAM assignments are still due but will be accepted untill next wednesday if you cannot complete them by Friday night.
There will be no lecture on Tuesday 27 Jan.
We will have lecture on Wednesday and Thursday this week. On Wednesday we will complete our discussion of Process Variables, PVs, in machining operations and discuss CAM Software and NC-code. On Thursday we will begin a discussion of Metrology in Manufacturing.
- Read Machine Tool Offsets.
- Review the sections of the CNCQuickGuide on setting tool and work offsets.
- Watch the Video http://youtu.be/Tpx8EGAuEqA
- Review the NIST Technical Note TN1297
In lab this week we will continue initial machining exercises and move forward with CAM assignments. In addition to the CAM and Machining exercises we will complete an exercise in finding the appropriate Feeds and Speeds for the tooling we will use for the rest of the labs.
- Week 2 Survey due Tuesday at 11:59 PM
- Group Assignment 1b due Friday at 11:59 PM
- Week 2 Quiz due Friday at 11:59 PM
- Feed and Speed Quiz
- Lab Quizzes
- Lab Quizzes are due on a rolling basis through out the term.
- You should have completed the first 8 steps of the CAM for the Base Exercise by Friday at 11:59 PM
I will be out sick to day and have made two adjustments to the lecture schedule in the syllabus.
I’ve changed today’s planned lecture to be an in class group activity and I’ve added a lecture meeting on 11 Feb shifting all of the lectures originally scheduled between today and 10 Feb down by one slot.