This week in ME1800 we will really get rolling. You will note that I don’t like to spend a lot of time during class dealing with logistical issues and I will use this site coupled with myWPI announcements and brief statements at the end of lecture to convey this type of information. You will also note if you read my email FAQ that email is not the best way to communicate with me about the class, please only email me if the issue is personal in nature if it is a question about an assignment or something I said or forgot to say in class I want the whole class to benefit from the information and the answer.
Each week ofthe term on Sunday evening I will post a message like this indicating what we will do the following week in class and outlining the assignments that are due.
As this term goes by I will be posting readings for each week’s lecture and lab topics. These will primarily be draft chapters from two books I am in the process of writing “The Art of Manufacturing”, and “Manufacturing 101 for Engineers”. The copyright for both books and the posted chapters rests with the publisher, Engineering Media Productions LLC, and is given to you with permission.
- Monday / Tuesday (No Labs)
- Wednesday / Thursday
- Y-Block Production Lab
- Getting Started with CAM
- Before your first Lab Exercises 1-5 from “Engineering 101 for Engineers”
- Due Before your First Lab
- Getting Started With CAM (WPI LearnCNC)
- Survey 1 (myWPI)
- Quiz 1, an Individual Exercises (myWPI)
Welcome to ME1800. This website will be used to communicate with you on a weekly basis. Each week there will be a listing of the weeks assignments and their due dates/times. The site also includes lints to all of the courses resources including live video broadcasts of the lectures as well as video capture there of.
- Before emailing me about a class issue please take a look at my email FAQ at http://profBergstrom.com/email.
- The discussion forum on myWPI will be monitored and that is the place to ask questions about the class.
- There are assignments that must be completed before our class on Tuesday but you will not need myWPI access to complete them.
- There are assignments that must be completed before your first lab. Again you will not need myWPI to access or complete these assignments.
- I will attempt to provide live video/audio and recordings of all of the lectures but cannot guarantee that it will work.
- I expect you to come to class prepared to participate and engage in a discussion on the lecture topics. You can expect the same from me.
Reading / Assignments
Before Tuesday’s lecture:
Before your first lab:
- “Manufacturing 101 for Engineers” pp 1-48 “Before your first lab”
- Complete the 5 Exercises in the Before your first lab Section of “Manufacturing 101 for Engineers”
- Subscription code for WPI LearnCNC: “ME1800C16”