There will be no lecture on Tuesday 27 Jan.
We will have lecture on Wednesday and Thursday this week. On Wednesday we will complete our discussion of Process Variables, PVs, in machining operations and discuss CAM Software and NC-code. On Thursday we will begin a discussion of Metrology in Manufacturing.
- Read Machine Tool Offsets.
- Review the sections of the CNCQuickGuide on setting tool and work offsets.
- Watch the Video http://youtu.be/Tpx8EGAuEqA
- Review the NIST Technical Note TN1297
In lab this week we will continue initial machining exercises and move forward with CAM assignments. In addition to the CAM and Machining exercises we will complete an exercise in finding the appropriate Feeds and Speeds for the tooling we will use for the rest of the labs.
- Week 2 Survey due Tuesday at 11:59 PM
- Group Assignment 1b due Friday at 11:59 PM
- Week 2 Quiz due Friday at 11:59 PM
- Feed and Speed Quiz
- Lab Quizzes
- Lab Quizzes are due on a rolling basis through out the term.
- You should have completed the first 8 steps of the CAM for the Base Exercise by Friday at 11:59 PM