We will have three lectures this week on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. As we start the week we will continue our discussion of value and cost looking at the concepts of Lean Manufacturing. We will finish the week looking at the process of taking a concept from art to part including an introduction of Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM), Computer Numeric Controlled (CNC) Machining, and NC-Code.
- Takt Time in the Lean Lexicon © – Lean Enterprise Institute
- Lean Toast
- Machine Tool Motion
There will be no labs on Monday or Tuesday this week. You will have lab on Wednesday if you are in section 1 and Tursday if you are in Sections 2, 3, or 4.
In lab this week you will begin to use the CAM software and also to begin your experience with the CNC Machine tools. We expect everyone to complete the fist machining exercise and the first CAM exercise in the time available in your first lab. If there are extenuating circumstances during your scheduled lab you will have the opportunity to complete the exercises during the beginning of next week.
- Week 1 Survey – due Tuesday at 11:59 PM
- Lab Quiz 1 (Before Your First Lab) – due Tuesday at 11:59 PM
- Group Assignment 1 – due Friday at 11:59 PM
- Week 1 Quiz – due Friday at 11:59 PM
- Lab Quiz 2 Due Friday at 11:59 PM